Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Trying This Again

I think I've managed to make better scans of the limited edition. This is the 1st print in the edition. As you'll see when I post some other prints, I definitely got better as I went along. I've also discovered that I changed the name of the artwork part way thru the project. It started out being called "Michigan Camping", but after the 6th print I somehow switched it to "Camping in Michigan". Oh well. This is my very first try at making an edition. I had 6 "artist proofs". Really only one that I would consider to be done well. The other 5 were sub-par.



This first one was printed on very thick handmade paper. I love the quality of the paper, but it obviously effects the how well the ink takes. The ink in the first 6 prints was also done with water based ink. For prints 7-25 I used oil based ink on Dick Blicks printmaking paper.

No comments: