Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Re-worked for Every Day Art Project

Re-worked the 3 men in the park. This was drawn bigger on a 6x6 sheet of sketch paper. Again worked in pen and watercolor pencil. This is the first art piece for the Every Day Art Project.

The assignment is to produce one 6x6 piece of art every day for 31 days. Once completed, they will be mailed in and then distributed amongst everyone who participated. I will receive back 30 pieces done by 30 other artists. Each of them will get one of my pieces. The 31st piece will be included in a "zine" that we can purchase. I assume we are to nominate our best piece for the "zine".

For added interest, we are being asked to work in a new material or new style or explore something new in creating these 31 pieces. My challenge of something "new" hasn't been clearly decided yet. I am not good at watercolor, so I thought that would be a good challenge for me. Also, I have wanted to work on Dia de los Muertos style artwork. So maybe I'll do a little of both for this project.

Personal crit: I can do better.

No comments: